Want to Buy 1929 Chrysler Roadster 75 FOUND

• 4 weeks later...

Oh my Lord I would but I can't yet.  I found the car but the buyer hasn't bought yet.  So all very confidential.  I will say that it is the real deal.  Very original.  The owner really did his homework on the car - of course he did not have to go far as he was only the second owner.  Even when preparing it for endurance racing he was keen to keep the body and trim original.

It is interesting that these cars are capable of so much, being competitive at  Le Mans and the Mille Miglia in period.  To quote a passage I picked up somewhere and added to:

The 1929 Chrysler Model 75 were  remarkably fast. Between 1925 and 1931, Chryslers competed internationally at such events as the Mille Miglia and the 24-hour races at Le Mans and Spa, running against the best and most expensive automobiles that Europe had to offer. In fact, at the 1929 24 Hours of Le Mans, a Series 75 Roadster finished 6th Overall and 3rd in the Index of Performance, and at that year’s Mille Miglia, a similar car won the 5-Litre Class.  They are also consistently in the top ten winners of the Peking to Paris Rally and are highly sought after for this event and the Mille Miglia.

14 minutes ago, C Carl said:

Well , 'Girl , a few pics will enhance your standing here ! We LOVE pics !  Thank you ,  - Carl

What do you mean enhance my standing??  I'm like a rock star here:)  Come to the Simeone Automotive Museum in Philadelphia and I will be your docent.  That should enhance my standing.  Open invitation to everyone as long as you pay the entry fee your docent tour is on me!

I sure wish I knew how to put a few of those cute little yellow smiley faces here and now ! But I am old and somewhat ragged of mind ! " Old dogs and new tricks" , you know. Thanks for letting me put a smile on your face ! All mortals have capacity for enhancement , perfection is the domaine of God.  Looking forward to the pics when apropriate !  Thanks again  Super'Girl ! I wish I had another trip to Hershey left in me , I certainly would LOVE a personal docent at the Simeone. (Oh yeah , and Philly ! It's been too long for me. Last time I was there was before you were born. I got to party with Randy , Buster , and Poogie , and their Road manager Rick - very cool !).  It would be a bit of an ordeal for me at this stage I'm afraid , having to travel from the West Coast . You do indeed , as you young'uns say , "Rock , 'Girl" !   - Carl

Well Carl please PM me and let me know where you live and when I'm on the West Coast we will have lunch and talk cars until well past dinner.  Tomorrow I am going to visit Bill Wonder, the race car driver.  That guy can talk cars. And the stories he tells.  Oh my. He remembers all of his races, all of his cars, all of the people, in great detail at 93. 

See , 'Cargirl ! I TOLD you that you were too young ! Philly's own Delfonics. Almost 50 years ago , my friend Rick who had earlier been road manager for the Delfonics , and I decided to head off to Denmark. Scandinavian Ladies our intent. An adventurous January trip across the country from Seattle , where we were living , took us to Philly on our way to NYC. Rick's Dad was a WW2 decorated combat veteran , his Mom a pinup girl from the era. Dad had that "still waters run deep" aspect that old warriors often have. Mom was a real fireball , and hilarious great fun at times. Rick knew everyone and everywhere. Very cool friends and great times. 

Speaking of friends , your 93 year old car guy friend reminds me of mine. Here is Roy out to dinner last year in Santa Barbara when he was just 92. Now your lunch/dinner suggestion , and respect for 90 something year old memories , just gave me an idea I need to figure out. Lemmee contemplate this and get back to you.   -  Carl

P.S. : I assume you are proficient at double-clutching the old crashbox cars such as my '27 Cadillac you see here ?  - CC

image.jpeg

No I cannot double clutch.  Have to admit I can't clutch at all ( although it is on my bucket list). I drive a 1980 300CD MB in Northeast PA.  That's the best I have to offer.

That Cadillac is beautiful. The setting doesn't hurt.

Fred Simeone is going to kick himself.  I sent those names to him and said who is this guy talking about. He did not know. I  even researched the names.  Nothing came up.  The Delfonics!  Of course.