Looking for an old part number Delco remy

FLYER15015

Just a quick question regarding the "updated" breaker points plate with the 3 plastic slides instead of the 3 1/4" balls that will fit in a '40 Buick distributor.

What is the proper part number for this item ? I need one, as my 3 balls are severely worn. Careful here people. That was a technical statement.

Most old parts sellers have sealed boxes and you cannot see the parts, so you need to have the proper number to do a good search.

Thanks,

Mike in Colorado

Mike, there is another alternative, item Dyna-Flyte Model 880, its a complete breaker plate assembly that fits all inline Buick 8cyl. 1937-1951. The assembly has double plates with ball bearings inbetween the two plates, the lower plate has the mounting tabs, the top plate(with the points/condenser) pivots on the bearings. This is much better than the original, even with the plastic update. I learned about this item when I bought an extra distributor that was equipped with one, and have bought a couple on ebay. They don`t come up very often.. Tom

34 minutes ago, pont35cpe said:

Mike, there is another alternative, item Dyna-Flyte Model 880, its a complete breaker plate assembly that fits all inline Buick 8cyl. 1937-1951. The assembly has double plates with ball bearings inbetween the two plates, the lower plate has the mounting tabs, the top plate(with the points/condenser) pivots on the bearings. This is much better than the original, even with the plastic update. I learned about this item when I bought an extra distributor that was equipped with one, and have bought a couple on ebay. They don`t come up very often.. Tom

There is a Dyna-Flyte 880D listed on ebay, this one is for dual points, item #361544981289, 3 available..  Tom

Pont, (?)

That is good to know, and I will look into it.

Just think, dual points for a strt 8.

The next thing you know I'll be porting and polishing that right angled intake, and adding duals.

Maybe plane the head and drop in a cam.

Adding this up, it's about 8K and it gets me 3 or 4 more Clydesdales under the hood.

Naaaaaa.