Preservation Awards

42cady

Hi, I know Marshall Van Winkle of New Bern North Carolina has won the most Preservation Awards with his Model-T Ford. Does anyone know who has won the next most Preservation Awards with the same vehicle? Maybe 2nd, 3rd most? I was talking to a couple in Ocala last weekend and when I ask him if he was showing a car that day he said no that he had already won his Preservation Award. When I explained to him he can win many Preservation Awards with his car he seamed surprised. I wonder if other folks are thinking the same way? I sure hope not. Just thought it would be good to know who other than Marshal has won many Preservation Awards. I know at our next Region meeting I will be sure to let everyone know that many Awards can be won. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 2014 Fall Hershey we got our Senior. Then 2015 we were awarded the Preservation Board and our first Chip. At last years 2016 Fall Hershey we picked up our Third Repeat Preservation Chip to put on the Preservation Board after we had already won First Grand National 2016 at Williamsport in the Spring. So in addition to the  GN Trophy they also awarded us our Second Preservation Chip..........to add to that when we were Judged at Hershey 2016, Head Judge noticed our Grill Badges and stopped his crew telling them he was instructed to do a "Visual Only" for the GN Cars, which I assume meant don't spent much time Judging the GN Cars. They didn't spend a lot of time Judging my car, or the or the other GN car next to me. Might also have been because of the rain.  :)

Only regret is what is there left to go for? I might have to buy another car to start the process over again.

As to your question about the most Preservation awarded Car, there was one at Hershey 2 or 3 years ago that had a full Board with 25 Chips displayed with his car. It wouldn't surprises me if there were others with a lot more. Remember also that if you sell your car all the AACA Awards are supposed to be past on to the next owner with the car. 

• Like 1

You can go to any National meet to get your Preservation Chip. :)

I put my truck in HPOF - Got my first one at Hershey 2014 and I've been going to a few National Meets each year and get a chip at each one. :)

• Like 1

Williamsport last year was my first National which I really enjoyed. I drove 155 miles in the rain to get there in my car, no trailer, and seems this was actually one of the closer Nationals to make it to. I don't think I can travel much further then that. I'll keep looking to see where the Nationals are going to be however and would like to make a few more.

Hershey Fall Meets are easy for me to get to, takes me about 45 minutes to get there.

• Like 1

42CADY,

Several members attend, show, and/or judge, at every National Meet and every year. We have some very dedicated members.

While attending at least one Meet each year is admirable, supporting multiple meets is even more fun - join in when you are able.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnniesSS said:

I put my truck in HPOF - Got my first one at Hershey 2014 and I've been going to a few National Meets each year and get a chip at each one. :)

Congratulations Annie - the crown was screaming, shouting, and applauding when you were awarded another REPEAT at Ocala, Florida just last week

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Doug Novak said:

How'd you do that?

Only asking cause it'll take me 34 more years to get them at the Hershey Fall Meets, and at my age I don't think I'll make it.

:(

Hi, Doug.

Well, to say the least it was a blast.  As Marty Roth so notes going to meets to see friends and have fun became addictive so it was easy to do it in answer to your question.  Received my first one at the Eastern Spring Meet in Johnstown, PA in 2001.  The last at Fall Hershey in 2016. There were 3 years of which I did not show the car.  Also received 4 Repeat Senior Grand Nationals with it.  Finally retiring the 31st of this month and the plan is to start driving the car more.  As for showing I got it out of my system except for Fall Hershey if the weather is good.  Not interested in getting into judging however always had more fun working in the support area of meets (Family Booths which promoted the AACA, Library, and back then the Museum) plus membership booths.  

Regards,

Peter J.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AnniesSS said:

I hear you Peter, I love the Fall meet and the Grand National was a major good time. I started making it to all the Fall meets, since 2011 and reached the point that I've made great friendships with the people in the cars I seem to always be parked next to. Anything that comes along with in driving distance I'm going to try to make it. I also belong to AMO American Motors Owners Club and make it to their shows. They're having their National Meet in Gettysburg near here this June that's on my Calendar. The Judging mirrors the AACA Rules so it should be a fun time.

Congratulations on Retirement, I pulled the trigger 01/01/2015 and highly recommend it.

Doug