56 Tissue Dispenser

Beemon

I have an original tissue dispenser box but it was broken before I got to the car and the mounting bracket is long gone. Are these the same as the tri-5 Chevy's? There's a ton of them on Ebay, including repros. The box and chrome are still in decent condition with really light rust. The center emblem needs to be replaced, but those are available I've found.

Just trying to get the small things off the list before I disappear into the country side this August.

Benjamin,

Hi, I also have a '56 Century #63D, with the tissue dispenser. I can't help with the bracket issue, but I've looked several non Buick, but still GM, and I feel certain the brackets are the same or very similar. You mentioned a source for the center emblem, mine is  bad; Could you please advise me of your source?

thanks!

Jerry Bodden

BCA 1518

ROA 8691

AACA 088783

Yes...they've been reproducing these for tri-five Chevys for awhile and they are identical except for the sticker in the middle and the bracket.  This bracket shown in picture is used on tri-five Chevys; they are just remarketing them.  This bracket I believe is also same for 56 Buick.  57-59 Buick use a different bracket than this and 55 is yet another style.  Not sure what 54 Buick bracket looked like.

So, unless you have a 56 Buick you won't be able to mount it correctly.

All GM cars of this era, and some other makes used same dispenser with different brackets, stickers, and paint shades.

If you find the correct dispenser in poor condition you can buy one of these and just swap the bracket.  This paint shade is slightly darker than was used on Buicks but not far off and looks good.

• Like 2