1924 Dodge roadster rework

Bob Zetnick

I love the car as well.  I am working on a 1927 roadster that was cut into a doodle bug.  I'm mosting collecting parts to get it back to being a car.  The roadster you like is one of my go to's for inspiration.  There are more pics and info in it at the two links below.

https://news.classiccars.com/pick-day-1924-dodge-brothers-roadster/

http://www.grautogallery.com/vehicles/3710/1924-dodge-brothers-roadster

Thanks, yes, I've seen those pics as I'm the guy who bought it from GR Auto Gallery. I saw it for sale several years ago and admired it, but it was way more than I could afford. Then it came on the market again at a much reduced price and then that price fell again. What I was told is that the previous owner bought 13 cars at one time and then decided to sell them to get into real estate. I think the reduced price is a reflection of what many people think regarding the dropping prices of most 20s cars; their waning popularity w/ collectors. I have found it seems easier to locate parts for the 4 cylinder Dodges vs. the 6 cylinder '29 I'm restoring now, hopefully you've found that in your favor. Good luck to your work on your '27!

Thank you.  Congratulations on your car.  I drool over the pictures frequently.  I have been able to find a lot of parts for mine.  It must have been very difficult before ebay and craig's list to find parts, but I run searches every day and watch new DB things pop up.  I have two kids in college and a wife who isn't so excited about my project so I am trying to do a budget rebuild.  It was a fairly rare car.  A 1927 Sports Roadster.  I bought it with the entire drive train but with a shortened torque tube and frame.  The only body parts left were the cowl and hood.  I have found a radiator cover, fenders, headlights, and lots of smaller misc. parts.  The best part is that it had all four original wire wheels.  I have been able to repair the one damaged one and should have them back to rolling condition this spring.  It has been a fun project already just in doing research and parts collecting.  I have hardly started though and there is a lot to do.

Have fun with the car, it is beautiful.

2 hours ago, Bob Scafani said:

I met the builder of this car 10-15 years ago. He lived in Utah and he and the fellow that has the yellow supercharged speedster came to California for a visit. The car is a fairly new.

That would make sense as the people that sold me the car said the restoration looks about a dozen years old, but had no other provenance on the car. So, it sounds like the speedster redo was done after 2000, vs. a custom redo from the 20s. Is the yellow one the 1919-1920 model that was redone as a racer in the mid 20s? I have seen that photo online. Thanks for the info.