unidentified V8 in Lincoln Continental

Guest PeterSouthAfrica

Guest PeterSouthAfrica

Hi Fellow LC People.

I have the following motor in my 1946 Continental, does anybody know what engine it might be. Not a V12 that it should be but a V8 with a Lc L350 29857 number on the block. I am not from States but would love to know more. Any advise our guidance would be highly appreciated, thanks. I believe there was limit one month run with v8 in 1948 but unconfirmed and I doubt it.

20170123_141401.jpg

20170123_141423(1).jpg

20170123_141423.jpg

20170123_141432_001.jpg

Guest PeterSouthAfrica

Hi Guys. Yes thanks. It seems on the initial view that the items match, even the oil filter location. Was not sure how to, and if the cast code would lead to anything. Would be next step is to determine the auto trans mission connected to it with seemingly 3 speed box. Thanks again. Even the carb looks similar to this articleI found ... http://www.allpar.com/mopar/b-engines.html

The stampings on the pad below the distributor are intriguing....

I'm 99% sure the engine is a Mopar low deck "B" engine. I'm no expert on decoding stampings but there was also a 350 ci engine in 1958, I believe they were one year only. The L 350 stamp may denote Low Deck, 350 ci but I'm just guessing.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:55 PM, Chase392 said:

The stampings on the pad below the distributor are intriguing....

I'm 99% sure the engine is a Mopar low deck "B" engine. I'm no expert on decoding stampings but there was also a 350 ci engine in 1958, I believe they were one year only. The L 350 stamp may denote Low Deck, 350 ci but I'm just guessing.

Agree !!