FOR SALE: Deluxe Brass Era Horn

Pictured is an original brass horn from an early car.  It had the original rubber bulb used to blow the horn when I purchased it.  The bulb was badly deteriorated and was eventually removed.  The horn is in excellent condition and without cracks or dings.  I have had this horn for at least 20 years and it was purchased by me at a Hershey Meet.  It was on display in my office instead of being installed on one of the brass eara cars I owned.  It is for sale and I want $40.00 for it plus shipping in the US.  I am almost 74 years of age and downsizing my collection.  This horn would be an eye catcher on any older car and is correct for an older brass era car.  It also 

looks great on display and generated many questions on display in my office. This is not a reproduction.   I take paypal.  If interested email me at brooker50158@outlook.com or call me at

641-485-6413.  Thanks, Patrick W. Brooks

IMG_1432.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1428.JPG

IMG_1427.JPG

Edited by Patrick W. Brooks
Word change (see edit history)

Unfortunately MoneyPit is correct.  It's a reproduction.  You can easily identify them by the cheaply made bracket and the small brass "tab" holding the tubing together.  A search on ebay will turn up many similar horns for comparison, and a few much more solidly built originals.   I always chuckle at Ebay and how some of the vendors pronounce these as "guaranteed original" etc. etc.   Sorry to bear the bad news Patrick, but actually your price is not too far off the mark for the horn strictly as a decorator item.  I'm sure it looked great in your office.

Terry