exhaust systems

i was asked to inform you when i recieve my exhaust system. well here is my two cents about waldrons antique exhaust parts, inc. i would not recommend them to anyone, they lied about shipping dates when asked, they charged the credit card price for a complete system, which i ordered, but sent tail pipe and said that was all i ordered. when asked if other parts would be sent out soon they said my order was no longer in the computer. i finally got what they say is the rest of my shipment, but i have no y-pipe yet. the y-pipe is included, the part i really need, yet i do not have it. does anyone know if there is 3 or 4 or more large peices to my whole exhaust system? plus the muffler i have recieved has about 20 or more small dents in it. is this something common for a nos muffler or am i just being jipped on crappy parts?i paid enough expecting good parts, i even met the guy, he seemed like a nice guy who knew what he was doing. he claims he has been doing this for 40 years, one would think he should have had enough practice to get good at it. if i had torn this car down part by part and had the intention of it being a perfect show car i would not put the exhaust system i have on it. one thing i do have to say is the steel is heavy and the whole tailpipe looks like it would fit great. the rest,kind of dissapoints me along with their way of doing business.

Wow, not a good deal by any stretch of the imagination....What yr/model you working on by chance??? <BR> I got a complete ex. sys. for my 55 60 ser. from Kepich in Fl., good parts arrived in good condition, only gripe is the tape they used to tie pipes together couldn't remove completely. Fit and finish great(I got steel), actually felt heavier than original. The muffler was packed all by itself in a nice box, no dents, ends of all pipes covered to keep junk/moisture out...muff. also came w/ clamps...not orig. type, but clamps nonetheless.<BR> My sys. is made up of 4 pieces including muff. as tail pipe on my car is really long.<BR> I am satisfied with it even though I was cursing it trying to get the tail pipe in with rear end out of the car even!!!!<P> If you want Kepichs' number, drop me an e @ dlw29@hotmail.com<P> don55<P> PS, I priced Waldrons b4 I went with Kepich....was about 10-15 bucks more but no delays, they accepted COD....I'll use them again if a need ever arises.

Guest rlbleeker

I got the exhaust for my '64 Riv from Waldron's earlier this year. Paid $540 for stainless with aluminized resinators (2) and muffler. All the parts showed up in the 2-3 week range (as they said). Mufflers/resonators were packaged in heavy boxes, no dents or rust. Pipes were taped in pairs. Everything fit together pretty good, little tweaking required to get the resonators setting where they should be (wanted to hang a little low.) Took about 3 hours to get everything where I was happy. As for quality, resonators/mufflers appear to be well made, heavy gauge. Pipes where not perfect. There are a few wrinkles in some of the tighter bends and a couple of the slip joints were a little lose and I had to REALLY tighten the clamps to get them to seal properly. On the whole I'm fairly was happy. It sounds good. I need to do the exhaust on my other '64, soon, so maybe I'll get it from Kepich and see how they compare (cost/quality.)

hello, it was for my 55 special. series 40. looks like rlbleeker got good parts. i paid 285$ for the complete system in stainless except the muffler obviously. nothing i have gotten was packaged in boxes like they told me. just wrapped in tape and the muffler had some thin cardboard packaging around it, but the ends were sealed nicely. steel is heavy, thats about the only good thing so far. its just shipping and communicating with them has been horrible. i got tailpipe about 2 weeks ago, muffler and another pipe today and i am still waiting on my y-pipe. i dont even get any clamps or anything, they dont even sell them. i am hoping i can get them around here. it seems like i can get a lot of simple stuff like that around here. i hope in the end the product sounds and works better than waldrons do. if i ever get another car or need a new exhaust system i will go to kepich since they have some good reviews. thanks.

Not everybody is happy with Kepich. An exhaust system for my 55 century was MESS!<BR>The crossover pipe had to be cut and re-welded to make it fit (cheaper than sending it back again); the muffler was a ford truck muffler modified to look lide a Buick muffler (the inlet and outet was switched); and the tail pipe had to be modified by a local muffler shop.<BR>

I have had bad experiences with both Waldron and Kepich. Waldron was rude, couldnt tell me when I would get the parts, and said that the y-pipe on my '67 Wildcat was almost impossible to get. (He even said he had a note written on his book about the terrible time he had getting one of these) When I asked him about being in the exhaust business and knowing how to make these parts or get them he became pissed off with all my inquiries. Needless to say I bought nothing from him nor will I ever. Kepich wasnt much better. Previous posts indicate thicker quality with which I will definately agree however they sent me the wrong over axle pipe for my Electra and then I was forced to pay the shipping to get it back to them and wait several weeks on a replacement. I wont do business with them either. If you want service, good fit parts deal with Martin Johnson in Manistee Mich. email mjexhaust@voyager.net He can also be reached in the evening at (231) 723-5343 He delivered exactly what he said at a very resonable price.

Does anyone work for a large exhaust system manufacturer such as Walker or Maremont?<BR>If those companies begin with straight pipe and bend them, can they make pipes that have been previously discontinued from their original specs, if the specs are still on file?<BR>If there is a demand for some exhaust components, can they produce a one-time <BR>batch of these parts?<BR>

hmmm, i guess all companys have some faults. well i have another update on my y-pipe. the man called me back at 7 am this morning. my mom answered the phone. i got to hear just the beginning of the conversation then i had to leave or i would have been late for school. from the beginning waldron was exceptionally rude. my mom asked him when my peice would be done and shipped out. he told her i will get it this year with much rudeness in his voice. i would think they would make everything and send it all out at once but i guess it is not that way. he started yelling at my mother and saying we must buy our car parts at k mart and know nothing about specialty made parts, and that we have no patience. maybe its just me but everywhere i go, even the grocery store, people are getting more and more ignorant everyday.

Ihave dealt with both Kepich an Waldron, and waldron is not anyone I would deal with again. Kepich sent me everything needed ,but it took some reworking to fit. <BR> I usually end up going to a muffler shop where they bend and fit it. I have been very pleased with the results. <P>------------------<BR>

I bought a stainless system from Kepich. It didn't fit very well but is solid and very heavy. I'm not sure why stainless systems have to be so heavy(maybe because it has no sound deadening properties?).<BR>T/A performance has very nice fitting exhaust for GS cars.<BR>My local big but non chain muffler shop installed a system on my '65 Wildcat and it is the best yet. Even though they had the cards to bend the pipes to the factory specs, they still had to do some tweaking for proper fit. They then welded all joints, and its great. They will get all my future business.<P>------------------<BR>Ted Nagel<BR>65 WildcatConvSuperWcat<BR>65 WildcatAutoSuperWcat<BR>65 Wildcat4spdSuperWcat<BR>65 Riviera Wildcat 445<BR>65 Special Wagon 455<BR>70 GS Stage1 4speed

I paid around 750 for Kepich riv exhaust, ss, no resonators(sp?). Paid Smith Muffler Shop around 670 for steel w/resonators (biggest expense was mufflers, got talked into some expensive ones that sound great but have an unmemorable name! Easy choice, eh? <P>------------------<BR>Ted Nagel<BR>65 WildcatConvSuperWcat<BR>65 WildcatAutoSuperWcat<BR>65 Wildcat4spdSuperWcat<BR>65 Riviera Wildcat 445<BR>65 Special Wagon 455<BR>70 GS Stage1 4speed

i got my y-pipe today. i am suprized it came so soon, considering how rude he was. he acted like he would never send it out. i hope everything fits nicely. i was wondering should i have a muffler shop around here put it on since my dad and i have never done anything like this before or is it something fairly simple? he knows how to weld and all that but most of you sound like your systems needed a little extra effot to fit nicely, that is what i am concerned about. if it does not fit nicely the first few times im worried we would end up accidently breaking something else. that seems to be how it works with us, when we fix something we break something else.... should i check out a few muffler shops before i take it there? or are they all about the same? thanks. mindy.

Guest COMPACTBC

Go to a good INDEPENDENT muffler shop (not one the national chains) and save yourself a lot of grief. Installing an exhaust system can be very aggravating.<P>------------------<BR>