Custom Exhaust Pipe Bending.

bobg1951chevy

The car is a 1951 Chevrolet Sport Coupe.

A 1961 235 engine, with dual exhaust, now moves this Chevy along.

Being new to the AACA site, and new to Hendersonville, N.C., are there any AACA folks out there, in the Hendersonville, Asheville area of N.C. that could recommend a quality guy, who does GOOD pipe bending / installation ?

I will be making a transmission change, the left exhaust pipe will need to be reconfigured and replaced.

Thanks in advance.

Bob.

Edited by bobg1951chevy
word change. (see edit history)

The Great Smoky Mountains Region operates out of the Hendersonville - Mills River area. Steve Nordt is listed as their president. They list antiquecarclubwnc@gmail.com as their contact.

They support the local community college, etc. There are several members in that region who could steer you in the right direction.

Edited by Phillip Cole
Additional info (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My experience has always sent me to places like Munro Muffler or similar shops.  I find they can and will custom bend pipes if you are willing to give them time. It will cost a little more than off the shelf parts, but is may work for you...

Frank

• Like 1

Bob, my experience is that any GOOD muffler shop can handle any bends you need. Make sure the shop can do mandrel bends and not the segmented bends some shops will do. Hendersonville is fairly large, so hopefully you won't have a problem. You might check with local "speed shops" for custom header shops in your area.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phillip Cole said:

The Great Smoky Mountains Region operates out of the Hendersonville - Mills River area. Steve Nordt is listed as their president. They list antiquecarclubwnc@gmail.com as their contact.

They support the local community college, etc. There are several members in that region who could steer you in the right direction.

I will email them and thanks.

12 minutes ago, 46 woodie said:

Bob, my experience is that any GOOD muffler shop can handle any bends you need. Make sure the shop can do mandrel bends and not the segmented bends some shops will do. Hendersonville is fairly large, so hopefully you won't have a problem. You might check with local "speed shops" for custom header shops in your area.

Thanks.