Books free to good home (With strings attached)

Bhigdog

For you car literature collectors. I have 5 hardcover car books that are up for grabs. All are lightly read and in excellent condition. I would describe them as glossy color coffee table style books. Examples/pix/descriptions of each (not my books) can be found on Ebay.

1. Art of the American  Automobile......... Nick Georgano

2. Hot cars of the 50's.........  edited by Craig Cheetham

3. Speed and Luxury.....  Dennis Adler

4. Speed, Style  and Beauty.......Art photos by Michael Furman, various editors  

5. Classic American Convertibles...........    

Now for the strings as mentioned above:

It's all or none.

As stated these are for a good home. I will need your word you will not be taking them to resell.

Shipping costs are your responsibility. 

Since I have to box them up and drive 25 miles to the PO or UPS a $25 donation to my beer fund would be appreciated.

If you pick them up in person there will be no shipping costs but if you bring along a cold case of Yuengling I'll be happy to show you my shop and cars and even offer you one or two (beers not cars).

You may PM me, Email direct bhigdog1@ptd.net or let it all hang out on the forum. Your choice...............Bob

• Like 1

Guest Grumpy's Auto Shop

Ordinarily I'd say 23 Yeunglings for a 'Vette is a fair trade, but I wouldn't bet your life on it ever happening, wives notwithstanding.

I've actually met Dick Yuengling. He was at a party I attended. He was walking about with a can of Lager Lite. As a further aside one of  his son in laws visits my house once a year to check for termites. I think Dick expects his kids to actually work. My kind of guy...............Bob

I grew up near Pottsville, it was the rite of passage beer for us.  I remember my dad getting 3 quart bottles of the stuff for a $1 at the local bar where you could purchase it for 10 cents a glass too. Yes, the good old days!

In many parts of the country Yuengling is considered a premium beer and is priced with imports. Here in Schuylkill County it's priced more sensibly  I don't know if it's true or not but the story is Dick keeps the pricing here low as a thank you and a recognition of his roots...........Bob

Edited by Bhigdog
spelling error (see edit history)