Dodge Brothers Model 30-35?

pwdickinson

I believe the cars in this photo, which is believed to have been taken in the early 1920s in South Carolina, may be a Dodge Brothers Model 30.   There are two problems: (1) The Dodge Brothers emblem was round (with a Star of David), but the emblem on these cars looks oblong; and (2) the pan in front of the radiator is attached between the fenders, which is unlike comparative pictures of the Model 30.  Otherwise, everything else matches up.  Can anyone help reconcile these differences? 

Tolson_Lamar_Shop.jpg

6 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Never heard of a DB "Model 30".

According to The Standard Catalog all of the early Dodge fours are model 30.  Don't know what the factory called them though. There is an on-going issue with this sort of thing on imcdb. Some contributors feel they have to put a model name on everything, even when the maker made only one model and there was no model name. Examples are Dodge and LaSalle amongst many, so they use the body style as a model name, quoting original ads as evidence. All rubbish of course.

Even Holden in Australia had no model name for the first few years.

Another issue on imcdb is whether they are Dodge or Dodge Brothers. To me they are Dodge even though the badge says Dodge Brothers. It makes the transition period (about 1928-1932ish) very messy otherwise.

Edited by nzcarnerd (see edit history)

A request for more help: On the back of the picture, someone wrote the year of the picture was 1925.  This was a small repair shop and car dealership and I believe the cars were for sale.  Are the vehicles in question definitely Overlands 1921-1922, or could they be later, i.e. 1924-1925?  Any help is appreciated.

1 hour ago, pwdickinson said:

A request for more help: On the back of the picture, someone wrote the year of the picture was 1925.  This was a small repair shop and car dealership and I believe the cars were for sale.  Are the vehicles in question definitely Overlands 1921-1922, or could they be later, i.e. 1924-1925?  Any help is appreciated.

1923s and 1924s had ridges on the fenders. 1925s were a lot different.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)