mid 20's Buick valve stem covers

Hubert_25-25

I have a 1925 Buick standard with wooden wheels.  Is either of these valve stem covers (A or B) correct from an AACA judging standpoint?  I understand that all 5 would need to be the same.  On the nuts, does either of these nut styles work better(C or D)?   Although I have wooden spokes, the Felloe is metal.    Thank you  Hugh

Nickel stem covers.JPG

Hugh:

I see that you have finally named your car. HUBERT it is. We have named our 1925-45 Master REMLEY. The listings show which are for Wood wheels. A for Wood and D for wood. You would have to have metal stems vulcanized to your tubes. My tubes have rubber stems and so I do not have the long covers. I thought of making a plug adapter for the covers I have. Other things to worry about.

Mark and Larry,

Thank you for the comments.  So the reason for my request.  I was told by another 1925 Buick owner when I was buying a few parts for my car - "Hey, do you have the metal dust covers for the tire stems.  I had my car judged and lost points for not having these, but I have some extra covers to sell you".   So he sold me 2 good and 2 fair B style dust covers.  Then when I started looking into it, I saw that the A style is slightly different, and is called out for wood spoke wheels by Vintage tire.  But vintage tire is not BCA.  So I am trying to find out if I need to buy three B style or five A style covers for my 25-25.  On the rim nuts, both styles need a thin washer under the hex, to prevent the hex corners from scratching the paint on the felloe.  So here I was wondering if the C style or the D style worked better on wood spoke wheels with steel felloes.   Here again, I doubt they cared about creating a few scratches on the paint when they were putting these cars together.  I will be purchasing tubes with threaded stems - as original, when I purchase new tires and flaps when the time comes.    

I hope that Hubert gets a chance to meet Remley and Buelah some day.  All under their own power, and without a tow rope.

Hugh