GM license attaching parts 3850950

Guest Hardtimes6

Guest Hardtimes6

I have two packs front and rear license plate attaching parts says unit no 3850950. I know they were dealer prep item that came in the glovebox of the cars when new but can't find what cars their for..any help appreciated thanks

Guest Hardtimes6

Unfortunately I can't get my pictures to post. They are in small brown paper packs that say front rear license plate 3850950 . I've had others they are dealer prep license plate hardware that came in glove box of all new cars in 60's.. But I haven't been able to find what years the 3850950 parts are for.

Guest Hardtimes6

Yes I haven't opened them but I'm sure that's what they are. Found them with a bunch of nos usa1 tags in some of my grandfathers old stuff. He sold cars throughout 60's and 70's. Just trying to find what cars and years they were for.

I suggest the 3850950 kit is for Chevrolet 1969, the full line. plus or minus a year or two.

I'm basing it on one of your earlier posts where you showed a Chev slogan promotion USA-1 plate with :

"Putting You First....Keeps Us First"  That sought after plate promo was started in 1969 with a different slogan each year that followed.

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=370233&page=all