Need: 1956 Dodge vacuum line diagram

keiser31

Anyone here got a 1956 Dodge vacuum line diagram? A friend has the car and she needs help. We can hear a sucking noise coming from under the dash and there IS an issue with the brakes, so they are probably related. It has a vacuum brake booster style bellows over the master cylinder on the firewall. I also need to see a photo or diagram of the parking brake cable so I can adjust it. Thanks in advance for any and all information.

John

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 7:17 PM, keiser31 said:

We can hear a sucking noise coming from under the dash and there IS an issue with the brakes, so they are probably related. It has a vacuum brake booster style bellows over the master cylinder on the firewall

I don't have a diagram, but I think you located the vacuum leak as the booster leaking under the dash.  You could plug the booster line to know for sure, if that is easy to do.

6 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

I will see if I can reach that. I'm gettin' too old do be upside-down under a dashboard, though.

Me too.  I was thinking the line should be exposed under the hood?  That would make it easier.  It has to get to the engine somehow :)

My 56 Imperial had that noise but only with the brakes applied if I am remembering correctly. They worked OK but the noise just wasn't right.

I sent the booster off somewhere and got it rebuilt. Its been a few years so I don't remember where.