36 D2 coupe for sale in Tucson

Pete in PA

Oh, I have absolutely no interest in this or any other 1936 Dodge.  The one I *am* considering is an exception because it is a baseball throw from my home.

I visited my friends at a local body shop yesterday and they were very discouraging about buying any non-prestige brand car of that vintage.  IIRC it was "You'll lose your a$$ on  that car!" and I know that they're right.  Pay for paint and chroming alone and you're upside down.  But I  wouldn't be going for a full cosmetic resto.  All I want to do is get the car sorted mechanically and drive it for a while to experience the 1930s technology.

One guy at the shop said he knew of a restored 36 Touring Sedan for sale locally at $10k but no takers to be found.  

They're right about getting underwater quickly on these cars but they are really nice cars when they are done. For the "30's" experience, they outshine both Ford and Chevy in design, fit and finish and performance! I drove a buddy's '37 Imperial on a 3 hr trip and aside from a little top sway around the sharp turns, it was like driving a modern car. Restoration of  cars today has to be a labor of love...the love of the machine and technology of the time and the historical aspect. I must be something that you enjoy doing to be really rewarding!