1939 dodge business coupe restoration

I recently found a 1939 Dodge business coupe in an old building in Puxatawney Pa while looking at a 1955 Merc and fell in love with it and was able to pick it up for 7grand the car ran and drove beautiful and just needed a master cylinder and the car is complete and is missing nothing and has very little rust or rot but the running boards need work and someone did some body work years back and used roof flashing to do the repairs so I am doing a frame off restoration. So far I have the front end off and motor and trans out and am sending the motor to my buddy I was with in Vietnam and he will probably do rings and bearings and replace the freeze out plugs that were weeping and replace all seals it was leaking oil.I am stopping at the cowl for now and am in the process of cleaning and sandblasting the small parts and frame and front end to the cowl then painting and undercoating everything then get the front end and fenders ready to paint a lot of work for sure but I am retired and plan to do most of the work myself except final body work and paint. On the subject of paint it is painted marine beige and I am not in love with it and was wondering if I should change the color but want to keep the car as original as I can and if I paint it another color will it hurt the value of the car. I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to do it I just get by on the computer so maybe my daughter can help me. If any  one  knows if this car is rare or not as I have yet to see one at a car show yet.        

• 1 month later...