Window fell out of base bracket

jsgun

My passenger side rear quarter window fell out of its bracket at the bottom. Is there a specific glue to hold it in the bracket? Also, I need to glue the chrome trim (part between the door and quarter windows) back to the window. What should I use?

The chrome trim is fastened to the glass using rubber glass setting tape which is available at most glass installers locations.

It wraps around the edge of the glass and the chrome channel is press fitted to the front edge of the quarter glass - any access tape protruding beyond the edge of the trim piece can be trimmed off using a sharp bladed knife. Not sure how the quarter window is fastened to the bracket in first generation Rivs, but someone will likely chime in !

You dont specify which year of Riviera you have.   As mentioned the rear glass in a first gen is also held into bracket with 'setting tape'   it comes in various thicknesses.  You have to measure you frame gap and subtract your glass thickness and order something SLIGHTLY larger in thickness.  bracket in a vise and spray the tape and glass down with soapy water and then tap the glass into the bracket with a rubber mallet.  Let the water dry and then trim the excess away.

3M also makes a product called Channel Bond Adhesive you can use. So if the channel has some rust or otherwise distorted somewhat the adhesive will take up the slack/UN-evenness. Just use a small spacer under he glass to keep it slightly above the channel, 1/8th. " or so, so the adhesive can bond to the bottom of the glass also. I would experiment with installing the glass & the channel in the car so that the glass can be placed in the correct position be-forehand. Once this stuff dries it WILL NOT come apart without breaking the glass.

Tom T.

The inner channel is prone to rusting because it is plain, untreated steel - the rubber setting tape should seal it to prevent moisture penetration !

The rubber window seal strip can be secured with a bead of clear silicone to reduce or prevent moisture penetration against the other side of the untreated bare steel channel.