WTB 1931 era "Chrysler Eight" Script Hubcaps

I found a pair of rough but scarce Chrysler Eight hubcaps this past week, looking for 2 more (or a set of 4), they are as shown in photo, inside ring is about 6.5" for a 6&9/16" opening in wire wheel. At this point I'm less concerned about overall condition, so let me know if you have something. 3rd hubcap shown is apparently an aftermarket one which also fits in 6&9/16" opening, if anyone has any of these let me know. Rebuilding a '31 CD8 Roadster. Also does anyone know what color script was, black, red? I painted these myself yesterday just to see what they would look like.IMG_4191.JPG

Those are actually 32-33 Chrysler 8 caps. The 3 CD8 has the old english C and is also just over 6 1/2" opening. 31 CM looks the same but has a 6" opening. Sending you a pic of the correct caps and a photo of the CD8 coupe I recently purchased.

1931 Chrysler Hubcaps.jpg

1931 CD89.jpg

Thanks for details on hubcaps. I gather all of these hubcaps are hard to find in any condition. Let me know if you have some spares. As for the CD8 coupe, that will make a nice restoration project, don't imagine there are many still around. Appears roof has been mangled? Or was it initially framed in wood? Do you have all the missing parts?

5 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

Thanks for details on hubcaps. I gather all of these hubcaps are hard to find in any condition. Let me know if you have some spares. As for the CD8 coupe, that will make a nice restoration project, don't imagine there are many still around. Appears roof has been mangled? Or was it initially framed in wood? Do you have all the missing parts?

Hi Gunsmoke, I had 16 caps I sent to Switzerland about 6 months ago, befoe I bought the coupe. I'm getting some caps with the car, but not sure if I'll have any extras. You're correct, they are getting tough to find but the good new is you can peel the outer brass skin away from the backinh and straighten them. The CD8 I have has the canvas roof framed in wood. The wood framing and mechanism for the rear window is inside the rumble seat. I have most all the parts. The car is a dual side mount car with a luggage rack.

1931 Chrysler CD83.jpg

1931 CD86.jpg

Good to know you have everything, regardless of the condition of the parts. My Roadster was missing at least 50% of its original parts, making for a real difficult rebuild. As for the "wood roofed coupe", I helped a friend over the past 2 years rebuild his '27 Pontiac Land'1927 Pontiac 1.JPGau Coupe, which was constructed much like your CD8, but most of the roof wood was completely missing, and no plans/patterns available. We used pictures and some photos from a Fisher Body Service Manual to figure out what may have been there, and finished it off. Car is seen this summer at local show with my restored and soon to be painted '31 Chevrolet Deluxe Coach

IMG_2581B.jpg

IMG_2619.JPG