1926 Chrysler 4dr 6 cyl on kijiji in Canada

A friend of mine, who is not into computer tech, internet etc, has had a mutual friend list his 1926 Chrysler 4dr Sedan on "kijiji" in St John, New Brunswick, Canada. The car is a 6 cyl model, nicely restored about 12 years ago and stored since, runs nicely, excellent paint, chrome, interior etc. Anyone interested can check out the kijiji site. Perhaps someone more expert can ID the model, and connect the link to this topic (like hudsy wudsy?). Seller is 98 years old and I'm sure would appreciate any technical help you provide. Selling price is not listed, but understand he is thinking around $12K Canadian (US$9K).

IMG_4141.JPG

IMG_4143.JPG

IMG_4144.JPG

IMG_4145.JPG

IMG_4146.JPG

IMG_4142.JPG

Edited by Gunsmoke
photos added (see edit history)

Post the letter in serial number that is stamped on the engine. it should be between the generator and the water pump on a raised pad.

If it is not there it will be under the head stamper on the left side above the front water jacket cover.

The first 2 sets of letters on the FEDCO plate on the dash would also tell what Model. ( EEE WWW for example )

Was by his place today. Engine is stamped H 17133. Crankcase casting # CWG 56529-3. Fisher Body plate on cowl has Job # 6940 and Body # 6769. There is a seperate plate indicating Chrysler Corporation Detroit Michigan. On the dash, the 3/4"x3" plate has the Chrysler seal logo, Chrysler spelled out, and above/below Chrysler appears to be YYY NINE SIX EIGHT WWW (Y-968-W?). This suggests an early Chrysler 70 model? Model 70 production ran from 1925-1927, starting at serial # WY-580-W to PS-287-D. Anyway, let me know if this pins down the car.

There seems to be a letter in the front missing. I believe there should be two letters, three numbers and one letter. the first letter is VERY difficult to read as it is intertwined with the Chrysler emblem on the plate.

Great resource K31. Per-chance # is yy968WWW, then chart would make it a Model 60 of June 1926. So I guess I'll have to take a much closer look next time I'm out there, these first letters were intermingled with the Chrysler name/logo, if I knew they were the crucial bits, I would have taken a flashlight for a close look, or the camera. Anyway, thanks for the great chart, should make it easy from hereon.