Allentown road trip checklist

Matt Harwood

8 minutes ago, buick5563 said:

Three things.

I love Diamondbacks.

That company is definitely not BUYING old stock, they just HAVE old stock in the warehouse. 

It was a pleasure meeting you and Melanie.

Of course it was...she's Canadian ;):rolleyes:

• Like 1

Well, today I got a taste of what it's like to break down.

Drove my 62 Olds to Macungie, PA to take a look at the car show there.  On the way back, transmission was acting up and I pulled into a parking lot.  Transmission fluid was just pouring out of the tranny.

Called Hagerty's breakdown number and the woman could not have been nicer (in stark contrast to the AAA operator I spoke to last year when my 37 Buick acted up)

Flatbed arrived in about 30 minutes to take me and the car to a transmission shop, then gave me a lift home.

I never read the fine print, but apparently Hagerty's policy (mine, at least) is only good for 15 miles.  Fortunately I was almost home.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to follow up, I now have new Diamondback radial tires on the Limited and couldn't be happier with them. Got them mounted and balanced yesterday (they balanced beautifully with minimal weights) and finally got the blue stuff washed off and the skirts reinstalled tonight. Ride and handling are VASTLY improved and I really like the look, which isn't all that different from the bias-plys. They're almost exactly the same size, too. Moved one of the surviving Firestone bias-plys to the spare to replace the truck tire that didn't fit anyway (ditched the tube, too). Car seems very happy to be healthy again. Here are highlights:

IMG_20160817_130820294[1]a.jpgIMG_20160817_130834033[1]a.jpgIMG_20160817_155026350a.jpgIMG_20160817_160811692[1]a.jpgIMG_20160818_193102222[1]a.jpgIMG_20160818_193156605[1]a.jpg

• Like 6