ATF

CHECKING FLUIDS ON MY '90 TC W/AUTO TRANS & 38,000K.. ATF A LITTLE LOW. ALL PRINTED MATERIAL

I'VE SEEN (INCLUDING FACTORY REPAIR MANUAL) SPECIFY ATF +3 OR +4. MY DIP STICK HAS ENGRAVED

"USE DEXRON II. DIPSTICK P/N 4446536. CAR BOUGHT NEW BY MY BROTHER AND NOW MINE. IS IT

POSSIBLE THE WRONG DIPSTICK INSTALLED AT FACTORY? ANYONELSE SEEN THIS?

THANKS

Use the ATF+4

Up until you mentioned it, I never bothered to read the fine print on the dipstick. Today while I was changing the oil I took the time to look at more than the full and add lines. My 90 has the same dexron 2 engraving and my guess is that when the new trannys came out the factory still had millions of these dexron 2 engraved dipsticks and decided to use them until they were gone. 

My '90 TC, number 5567, was manufactured  in Oct. '89, and it too has the same part number and use Dexron II imprinted on the dipstick.  I agree, with earlier comments, use only Mopar ATF +3 or +4. Use of Dexron transmission fluid will not give satisfactory performance in the Ultradrive transmission. 

Edited by rmtroutman (see edit history)