Special Request - Carb question 37 special

Guest jg_105

Guest jg_105

I am having a lot of trouble finding info on my Carb.

Î am missing a rod that connects to the choke.  

I cant seem to find any model number on the Carb -  It is a Stromberg Carb.

My question is if anyone has a 37 SPecial 40 with a stromberg Could you take a picture of the `lever`end and send it to me?

I want to make sure that all the levers/joints are hooked up in the best possible -  I can seem to find any pic on the web that looks exactly like what I have

Thanks

First, I would suggest you check for very small numbers near the base of the carburetor. There should be some markings to help identify the carburetor. It helps to take a good flashlight or other light source and maybe a magnifying glass and look around for them. Many of these cars have had the carburetor changed to a different model carburetor. For example, my 1937 Century has the right brand of carburetor, but not the same model with which it was originally equipped.

As soon as you confirm what model carburetor you have, I am sure someone can help you.

The original 1937 Buick series 40 Stromberg carb was an AA-1, and as Dave surmised, there is no rod to the choke. It is a flexible cable that runs from the auto choke assembly (Delco) which is attached to the carb throttle body up to the choke shaft. The formed end on the cable pushes into the end of the choke shaft.

The auto choke never worked well, and many of these carbs were replaced. Both Carter and Stromberg offered models beginning in 1939 that eliminated the throttle body mounted Delco choke.

Jon.

Guest jg_105

From what I can make it out its a Stromberg AAUVB 26

SInce finding that I have seen a few on ebay with a Rod  - not a flexible cable -     But I havnt been able to find a good pic. to see where it goes and the other linkages