16V Fuel Pressure Regulator Install

Hi all, been reading the past posts on this topic, but could use some more advice.  Getting Fault codes 13 and 52, and fuel dripped out of the vacuum line to the Baro/MAP sensor, so points toward a leak in the fuel pressure regulator.  The TC Service Manual shows some great images of the regulator and plumbing for the 2.2 engine, but not for the 16V, where the regulator seems to be buried under the intake manifold.

- any advice on how to remove and replace the regulator, what other parts have to be removed to gain access, etc, would be much appreciated.

- I have to admit I'm kind of a novice mechanic, so I certainly appreciate detailed info from the experts out there

- any input on where to get a replacement regulator for 16V?  I see a match on Rockauto (part 4306015) and O'Reilly's (part 22823).  Anyone else use these and can confirm they are correct?

Thanks much,

29 minutes ago, Does185 said:

Hi all, been reading the past posts on this topic, but could use some more advice.  Getting Fault codes 13 and 52, and fuel dripped out of the vacuum line to the Baro/MAP sensor, so points toward a leak in the fuel pressure regulator.  The TC Service Manual shows some great images of the regulator and plumbing for the 2.2 engine, but not for the 16V, where the regulator seems to be buried under the intake manifold.

- any advice on how to remove and replace the regulator, what other parts have to be removed to gain access, etc, would be much appreciated.

- I have to admit I'm kind of a novice mechanic, so I certainly appreciate detailed info from the experts out there

- any input on where to get a replacement regulator for 16V?  I see a match on Rockauto (part 4306015) and O'Reilly's (part 22823).  Anyone else use these and can confirm they are correct?

Thanks much,

IMG_1229.JPGIMG_1230.JPG

As they would say in the business, only remove as much as you need to in order to gain access to the fuel rail. 4306015 is a correct number. I would purchase from Rockauto.

Guest maserati3

Hey, Does 185- Do yourself a favor and pull the radiator and you can just pop out the injectors,fuel rail and press reg.  you can buy it at NAPA

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd follow up on my old post - with some patience and a slightly scraped knuckle I got the fuel pressure regulator out and back in from below without removing any other components.  Just needed the right tools particularly a flexible socket extension due to the awkward angle of the nuts.  Used new one from Rock Auto.  Well the TC is running like a champ.  No more wandering idle, RPM stays steady with no dips, and no stuttering when accelerating.  Ready for Dream Cruise in 2 weeks.  Thanks to all for the input.