For Sale 1924 Reo T6

John I have enough trouble with my computer getting the link posted . I have to email it to someone then copy and paste then post the link . It does not seem to work any other way . Since I am doing all the leg work why don't you post all the information on the listing ? Thanks 

(Not mine either, just posting ad)

"1924 REO T6 Brougham -$14000 (NE KY)

This car was fully restored in the early 1980's by my father. It won many trophies in it's day! Soon after completing it he parked it on some lifts, drained all the necessary fluids out of it and parked it under a covered carport. It has been sitting since so the sheet metal has a little rust but overall it is in great shape for being nearly a century old. It has not been started in probably 20 years. I tried to get pictures as best I could for the lighting conditions but obviously pulling it out into the sun was not possible. The top is in great shape and all the parts and pieces are fully in tact. All windows work, the doors open and close correctly and the wood on the interior looks amazing. He installed a simple "stop" or brake lamp on the rear to make it drivable on todays roads. Obviously this is a very rare car and older REO's are increasingly hard to come by. The story of R.E. Olds is pretty interesting and they later turned to trucks after the great depression. I made a simple walk around video and posted it to youtube.com so you can see the car a little better. The link is 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLJZdQ7aqvc

When my father was rebuilding the car he told me it was the ONLY one in the world. I am not sure if there is another but I have never seen one exactly like this one. Spreading the word that it is for sale would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to email me if you would like to see it in person. I am posting it here first to see if it stays local before moving to classic auto trader or another listing site."

00a0a_dphfYhSVmqA_600x450.jpg

00n0n_fL9Z2DE0kqr_600x450.jpg

01010_5Rz4CBBCkPd_600x450.jpg

00Z0Z_1AX9NGHqHxl_600x450.jpg

01717_2MWEFQM08s8_600x450.jpg

On 6/18/2016 at 8:06 PM, Mark Gregory said:

John I have enough trouble with my computer getting the link posted . I have to email it to someone then copy and paste then post the link . It does not seem to work any other way.... 

Mark, I suppose you've tried the easy way, but in case it will

help, I'll describe it.  For IBM-type, Windows computers, go to

the upper bar where the web address is displayed.  Run your

cursor over the web address (or any text) to highlight it;  then while it's

highlighted, right-click with your mouse and choose "Copy" from the

menu that appears. Then, once you're on the forum posting,

right-click and select "Paste" where you want the copied text to be deposited.

If this works for you, the copy-and-paste will take about 5 seconds,

and we'll be treated to many more interesting ads that you find!

Thanks I have an Apple computer and recently had it updated . It used to work by high lighting the text . Now it high lights the text and will not copy it at all . I have to email and try sometimes the next day to copy it and it will work fine . So you tell me what goes on ? I am not a computer wiz kid . I like the post you make also . Mark

Mark, I've never used an Apple computer, so I can't

tell you anything about them.

Sometimes, it's thought that the younger a person is,

the more he knows about computers.  So I'll have to 

ask my 3-year-old cousin, once she puts down her

stuffed animals and tea set--- oh, wait, maybe not!

That Reo sedan you posted is quite unusual.

In the early 1920's, you probably know, closed cars

were much more expensive than open cars and sold in

limited quantities.  Touring cars are far more common.