No gas

wyobob

My ,29 DA quit running while I was driving, sounded and felt like out of gas. Sure enough (tank is full) no gas and when I blew back through the line I can hear the air coming out of the filler neck, but no bubbling noises. Took the gas line loose at the tank, no gas came out.. Is there a tube that  runs to the bottom on the inside that could of fallen or rusted off ? I can see no way to get inside the tank at the outlet without un-soldering the plate ( it is also riveted) Any tips would be appreciated.

Had similar problem but was pulling coarse rust up to 90* connector on outside of tank . Only a problem on acceleration . There is a tube in side . In my case it is directly above the tank drain plug . And can be seen thought gage port also . but mine is a oval tank on a truck .

I'm having a similar problem only I'm not on the road yet. I just finished cleaning and installing the tank. Ran a new line from the vacuum to the main tank.

After priming, it ran a little bit then stopped. Now it only will start for a brief second or two.

Thought maybe there is a vacuum leak but all connections are tight. Thought maybe the tube IN the tank was off, nope, all good! So I thought maybe it's just not sucking gas because my vacuum tank is not working. Nope, good there too because I attached a clear hose at the 90 and the vacuum.  There's gas in the tube!

Thoughts?

Edited by GaryP65 (see edit history)

If the tank is original and unmolested it will have a sintered bronze (I think) filter at the pickup point inside the tank, if this is blocked (sounds highly likely) then sadly the only option is to open up the tank to get access to it.