1925 Sedan Tailpipe Brackets

How was the tailpipe originally hooked up on a 25 sedan?

There is a bracket directly behind the muffler but what about the end of the pipe? There is a small hole to the right of the gas tank strap, but that doesn't seem quite right.

Thanks

IMG_7638.JPG

IMG_7635.JPG

I am curious about this too since I am ready to purchase a whole system but If I can piggyback off this post I'd like to ask a question about the manifold.

If you look close, you can see that there is a pipe welded to the manifold. I'm sure this is not the way it's intended to go. I would think that even back then they used a mechanical devise to attach the two. I have a spare but it to does not have a flange to bolt up to.

20160415_205654.jpg

On 5/12/2016 at 1:04 PM, GaryP65 said:

WOW! This is awesome! Thank you.

Hope mine wasn't done like this because the threads are broken?

I see from Myers catalog that they have the nut, packing and heat shield.

Gary, if the threads weren't buggered before, they are now!  Also, I'm not sure what changes Dave made, but rigid exhaust mounts transfer noise and vibration inside the cab. It is hard on the exhaust system, as well (more prone to weld cracks,etc...).  Consider non-authentic but vastly improved flexible mounts.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the heads up. I got all the parts from Myers but while mocking it up, it looks like I need to cut some pipe. I did notice that I got a bracket that looks like it holds the rear of the tailpipe but no sign of where it actually goes.

Anyone have photos so I can position this correctly?

FYI, I got a used manifold from Tom so I'm ready to go. Just need the info above to complete.

So because I'm getting impatient, I completed from the manifold to the muffler because I have been listening to this beast WITHOUT a muffler for too long. Holy crap it seems quiet or maybe I got use to the 'old' sound.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...