1942 Roadmaster fender sheet metal

tinsled

Yet another question regarding to the car I bought in a state of miscarried restoration.

Obviously some previous owner has put this car back together in a hurry, may be missing some parts...

Looks like I am missing some special sheet metal parts of the fender extensions under the doors, see attached photo.

The car is Series 70 Roadmaster 4D sedan ("formal sedan" or "town sedan", it's not slant back...)

Was this particular body one year only, or was the same body available after the war 1946, -47, -48?

Any idea where to get these sheet metal parts?

IMG_7488Q.jpg

p.s. I think my car should look like this one...

42_Buick_KM-06-RH_01.jpg

Edited by tinsled
added a photo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The basic body was used in 1942, 1946, 47 and 48. The chrome trim is completely different, but the body sheet metal is the same. There could be some differences in the fenders, certainly the bolt holes for trim are different. May have some sheet metal depending on what you are looking for , but the cost to ship to Europe would be dear.

• Like 1

On 21.4.2016 at 10:40 PM, Buick3746c said:

The basic body was used in 1942, 1946, 47 and 48. The chrome trim is completely different, but the body sheet metal is the same. There could be some differences in the fenders, certainly the bolt holes for trim are different. May have some sheet metal depending on what you are looking for , but the cost to ship to Europe would be dear.

Jack,

Please see the first photo in this thread; I am missing the bottom parts of the fender extensions. Looks like the part below front fender is bolted to the running board below the front door.

I have services in NY and LA harbors, freight forwarders to whom the parts can be shipped (business address), they'll put 'em in sea containers and I'll be able to pick 'em up at a Finnish port.

Thus it might be doable if you have what I'm missing.

Thanks,

Pekka

• 9 months later...

Bump! - Help needed for the fender extension bottom parts, See post #1, photo #1 in this thread.

I am still missing all of the bottom parts, front and rear fender extensions. Anyone to give a hint where to find or willing to sell me spares?

Thanks in advance,

Pekka