1942 Buick throttle linkage

tinsled

As I've told in other threads, I recently bought a 1942 Roadmaster, a miscarried restoration.

It was obviously taken to parts for restoration and never completely assembled.

Some parts missing.

One of the assemblies, I'm not quite sure is the throttle linkages of the twin carburetors.

Are the carburetors supposed to be different?

The long push/pull arm for the front carb is attached, but the other for rear unit is loose.

Attached a photo of the current status.

Please post good detail photos or instruction how to hook these correct.

Thanks,
Pekka

WP_20160402_002.jpg

Here's a mediocre photo of the linkage on my '41 Limited, which should be identical. It looks like you've got it close, the second, shorter rod connects to the throttle on the rear carburetor, although it looks like you might need to find the specialized fitting that holds it in place (visible in the photo below). They should work progressively--I have mine hooked up so that the rear carburetor comes online about halfway through the front carburetor's throttle. They should not be synchronous. The rear carb should look different as it has no idle circuit or choke.

I'll try to take some better photos at the shop tomorrow and post them so you can see more details.

DSC_3362a.jpg

DSC_3369a.jpg

DSC_3371a.jpg

I bought a dual carb set up for future application on my 38 Special, but decided against it after reading Carb King's post about progressive carbs.  I recall that in his experience, the uneven flow characteristics while one carb is working does not bode well for the engine's health and performance.  Evidently, tandem carbs work more efficiently and provide better overall performance. 

You might try a search for his post...

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)