1941 Century sedan on eBay

Matt Harwood

Looks to be a good original car, which are my personal favorites. Good, usable, relatively rare tour car with high-speed capabilities and the price is about right if it is as good as the description claims. If you're interested, be sure to ask about the manifolds and rust in the passenger foot well at the base of the A-pillar.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Century-/252340378102?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3ac0a899f6:g:wDoAAOSwZ8ZW~raj&item=252340378102

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2016 at 4:46 PM, Matt Harwood said:

Looks to be a good original car, which are my personal favorites. Good, usable, relatively rare tour car with high-speed capabilities and the price is about right if it is as good as the description claims. If you're interested, be sure to ask about the manifolds and rust in the passenger foot well at the base of the A-pillar.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Century-/252340378102?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3ac0a899f6:g:wDoAAOSwZ8ZW~raj&item=252340378102

Hey, Matt! You may remember me from the old Buick Webring. You used a photo of my '41 Roadmaster as an example of the 4-dr Trunkback Touring style.

I agree with you about those rust areas. I had to replace the metal on both the driver and passenger side footwells at the base of the A-pillars. I also had to replace some metal in the bottom of the spare tire well (looks like the one on eBay may be OK there). My manifold has a crack and I am just leaving it alone. I believe that you mentioned elsewhere that nearly all of them crack due to the intake and exhaust being bolted together and heating up at different rates.

Did you ever put seat belts in the front? I am considering it and am wondering if the anchors can be hidden underneath the carpeted footrest in the back floor without disturbing the carpet.