Rear speakers

2reattas

Working from phone, search is pia, working on a convertible is there a bolt in replacement for the rear speakers, and recommendations? Can someone tell me how the speaker wires are ran from the back of the radio these have been hacked up. Thanks

I bought Kickers on Amazon for the rear speakers.  They sound amazing. I also bought the foam buckets they sit in. As they are 4x12 they aren't the best type for sound. They did just bolt right in and weren't too expensive. My wiring wasn't hacked up at all and I went with a Metra adapter to keep it from becoming hacked. I also replaced the radio with an Alpine unit. The new radio and the adapter both came with wiring diagrams and colors.

HERE is a link to the speakers at Ronnie's Reatta Store which is where I ordered the speakers through Amazon.  I went with 2 way Alpine speakers to replace the ones in the door rather than the Infinity ones on Ronnie's website.  I figured they would be better suited to my Alpine unit and I wasn't disappointed. My door speakers were falling apart while the rears were in pretty good shape, or so I thought.  I was blown away at how much nicer everything sounded with the new setup.  I was going to add an amp but now I see no need for it.

I am babysitting my grandson today but if I get time later today, I'll dig out the wiring diagrams and let you know the color codes for the wires. 

Edited by ol' yeller (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I installed the Kicker powered amp after installing the infinity speakers recomended by others on this site. I have the amp set to full base and turned back the gain. I use the stock graphic equalizer  on my stock radio to control the base.

Reason I bought the powered amp was overall lower cost. Having three Reattas I bought extra harnesses from Kicker, installed one in each car and can plug and play my Kicker amp in whichever car I choose to drive that day.

Actually, a point of clarification; rear speakers in a convertible are 4x10, rather than 4x12 (which don't exist to my knowledge). There is a very limited selection in that size, and even the "good ones" (reputable brands) are weak in their low end response due to the strange cone geometry. If you really want good quality sound in a Reatta roadster, a powered sub like Dave described is needed as an enhancement to the main speakers. I have one and it made a big difference, especially with the top down.

KDirk

Damn, I hate it when I rely on my aged memory and it lets me down. Kevin is right, they are 4X10.  I am by no means an audiophile but I really do like how my new stereo and speakers turned out.

Also I would take an educated guess that the speaker wires traveled up one of the wiring channels under one of the seats.  That would put them closest to the console where they come out at the radio.

Edited by ol' yeller (see edit history)