Need advice on repair

Bushwack

I let the car idle for 3-4 minutes before starting the day (car hasn't been driven in three weeks).  As soon as I pressed down on the accelerator, I heard a faint click-click-click noise coming from inside (it sounds like a playing card hitting against the bicycle wheel spokes when in motion).  As soon as I turned on the a/c, the noise went away.  When I turned off the a/c, the noise was gone...until I would press down on the accelerator and the noise would come back.  

The noise would only stop when I turn on the a/c (noise remains if I turn on the heater or defogger). And once the a/c has been turned off, the noise would only come back when I accelerate .  With the car coasting, there's no noise. Only when I start accelerating; then the noise stays whether or not I'm accelerating.

Took it to my mechanic and he thinks its the Blendoor actuator (never heard of this part).  Would like some feedback if that makes sense.  He says he'll initially have to remove the glove box to replace what is, I think, a bad motor.

Any suggestions, advice or input is appreciated.  Thanks. 

The HVAC Programmer has both vacuum and electrical controls contained in it. Vacuum doesn't control the blend door if that is the source of the clicking. It is controlled by a DC motor as described in the FSM (below). Below is a photo of the blend door connection to the rod coming from the DC motor in the programmer. You can remove the glove box and observe what is happening when the noise is happening. It could be that the rod has came loose from the white plastic connector causing the programmer to "hunt" trying to get the blend door in the correct position. Hope this  helps.

post-95476-0-20947600-1456321697_thumb.j

post-95476-0-05278300-1456321984_thumb.j

post-95476-0-18721800-1456322003_thumb.j

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

There's vacuum for your engine and vacuum for your heat/A/C controls. Two different systems.

If the HVAC is off and the noise appears, how would a leak affect it?  I would think the opposite - vacuum leak would be a reason for the noise if the HVAC was on.