1956 Roadmaster Window trim restoration

rapidride2

I must admit.  I am not confident in messing with 60 year old glass and trim.

I'd really like to restore/replate my pitted window trim, install new rubber, and replace some bubbled glass.  This seems like tedious work but when done properly i feel it does wonders for the detail of the car.  I have a 2door.

Is there anyone out there specializing in this work?  I am in Saint Louis if that helps.

Greg Roberts, The Vintage Glassman

Chickasha, Oklahoma

(405) 222-8191

Rtheglassman@aol.com

He's been chasing the swap meet circuit around here for years.  Bought a pax door window from him back in 2012.  Dad wasn't sure if he wanted to go with new all around, or just replace the one piece of cracked glass, but was spending enough money on the car at the time that he decided to just do the one piece of glass.  Just recently, dad's been thinking we should go back in with all new chrome frames, too...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

rapidride2, did this get you anywhere?  We did not see him at the swap meet this year.  You know how things go.  He could have gotten out of the business or died or any number of other things.  he may have just been too busy to attend or not get enough from the meet to pay for his booth.  Anyway, if still in business, he sells new windows with new frames.  Far better than getting frames re-chromed and then buying the rubber to remount windows.  He says once you do one window you will want them all done.  I am sure of that.

• Like 1