Interior Fabric Source?

Who are you all using for your interior fabric sources and are you happy with the results? I've been going back and forth with SMS in Oregon, who seem very helpful but I'm just not getting a good match on their broadcloth samples.

Suggestions?

Also, my interior was pretty much devoid of fabric except for the seat, (P6 coupe) when I purchased the car, so I'm assuming the door panels, quarter trim and seat cover is the same material? Headliner is a different material as well as rear parcel shelf. What were the front kick panels covered with? I don't think they had the broadcloth down there.

Greg 

There is no specific material out there for early  WPC cars, you just have to pick something close from samples obtained from the different suppliers. I'm told that there is a woman ,I think in Ohio, that makes WPC interiors but I have no Idea who she is. Maybe someone on this forum knows. It's best to do as much research as possible to see what kind of material was used in your car and what color combos where used. If you have a dealer Plymouth parts book, it should tell you what materials and colors were available. Bill Hirsch and LeBaron-Bonny/ Hampton Coach are 2 good suppliers of material and trimmings. Not everything is going to match the original because so much  just isn't produced today. You may have to mix and match items from several suppliers to find what you like. You might also try a good automotive upholsterer in your area for availability of fabrics. Companies like Restoration Specialties in PA also carry many trim items like coachlace, windlace, bindings and the like. I would think that the kick panels and the firewall pad were made from painted cardboard. Rest. Spec. also carries door panel board, insulation, painted cowl board (kick panels, etc), clips and custom made headliners as do the other suppliers. Good hunting!

Thanks guys, I tried LeBaron Bonnie first. They do not offer an interior for the '38 Plymouth. SMS has some nice materials that would work, I was just hoping for something as close as possible to original but the references stating what materials were used where, are very limited. I do have the '38 Pass. Car Parts List Catalog which does list trim codes and material choices but, of course, no samples.

. . . I'm told that there is a woman ,I think in Ohio, that makes WPC interiors but I have no Idea who she is. Maybe someone on this forum knows. . .

Kathy Schrack makes interior kits for early '30s Plymouths and is in Pennsylvania, perhaps she is the one you are thinking of.

Schracks Classic Auto Interiors 
RR 2 Box 1940 
McAlisterville, PA 17049 
Telephone: +1.717.463.3384 

email: kathyschrack@yahoo.com