What is it,Gauge Cluster 1920s

Leif Holmberg

Another distinctive feature is the steering wheel. The majority of American cars of that era had wheels with aluminium centres and wooden rims.  In the late 1920s they began to use hard rubber covered wheels but most had a larger centre hub  than the one here.  In comparison many British cars had a hard black wheel from earlier on.  Also at that time most American cars had plain upholstery with no pleats whereas this one has pleats.

Note also the raised centre on the bonnet (hood), similar to what Pontiac and Oakland, amongst others, used,

I agree though that the instrument panel looks American.  British cars tended  to the have the instruments strewn all over the dash.

Another distinctive feature is the steering wheel. The majority of American cars of that era had wheels with aluminium centres and wooden rims.  In the late 1920s they began to use hard rubber covered wheels but most had a larger centre hub  than the one here.  In comparison many British cars had a hard black wheel from earlier on.  Also at that time most American cars had plain upholstery with no pleats whereas this one has pleats.

Note also the raised centre on the bonnet (hood), similar to what Pontiac and Oakland, amongst others, used,

I agree though that the instrument panel looks American.  British cars tended  to the have the instruments strewn all over the dash.

Most of the American made cars that I have seen from the 1920s and 1930s have pleated seats.

The windshield stanchions look like 26-29 Dodge.  The 28 Dodge model M Victory Six had the raised part in the middle of the hood.  Some 28 Dodge steering wheels had similar controls and horn button.   The instrument panel resembles some of the Dodges from this era.  Nothing seems to fit perfectly though.