Are Vendor Complaints now allowed on the forum?

I deleted a second post from a user who is accusing a vendor of fraud a little while ago. I was going to send him a PM telling him that posting negative comments about vendors is a violation of the forum rules. I know that at one time that was in the rules. I read the rules before sending him a link to them and it seems that the prohibition on posting negative information about vendors is no longer in the rules. Is that now allowed or is that an error that accidentally crept in the last time the forum rules were updated?

Matt, I think you are mistaken. The rules are still the same as they've always been.  In this case it is covered in the text in Red.  

There have been requests in the past we have more detailed explicit rules. I've always been against that simply because its becomes a debate.  We also reference the AACA by-laws, wish also covers a lot of ground on this.

As moderators we have ultimate power. We make the call. We are the judge, jury and executioner. :) To paraphrase Supreme Court Justice Potter Stuart: 

"I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description (posts requiring moderation), and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it, and the "post" involved in this case is not that."

Peter

---

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA) Discussion Forum is owned and operated by the Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA).

You agree, through your use of this private forum, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive or provoking tone, containing vulgar or profane language, threatening, harassing, hateful, sexually oriented, or containing personal attacks, or that are considered offensive of otherwise inappropriate by the moderators will be deleted. Certain conduct could result in revocation of AACA membership as outlined in the AACA By-Laws. Forum users unwilling to comply with the requests of the moderators or who ignore these guidelines will be banned. Moderators reserve the right to limit the time that a thread may be run. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this forum.

The AACA provides space on the forum to other automotive related clubs, organizations, and web sites free of charge. They are provided "moderator" status to their forums and may, at their discretion, moderate their forums. Regardless, the AACA retains the right to add, move, remove, and moderate a forum and it's moderators at any time.

Considering the real-time nature of this forum, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the AACA or any entity associated with this forum. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. If you have any other concerns about how the forum is managed or a forum is moderated please feel free to contact the AACA Webmaster.

Although the AACA does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the AACA and all other clubs and organizations on this forum and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

Your email address and other registration information will never be sold or given away, however the AACA may from time-to-time contact you with AACA and forum related news. The AACA reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Please note that blatant commercial advertisements, forum "spam", chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this forum. However, the AACA reserve the right to display banner advertising.

Enjoy the AACA Forums!

AACA WebMaster

The only problem I have is I know that somewhere in the past, we had posted rules that specifically indicated that no negative posts regarding a vendor were allowed. The problem I have with the current wording not stating that is that as long as a negative comment like the most recent one is true, that wording does not appear to prohibit the posting. I know what the standard has always been, but the current wording of the rules don't seem to prohibit what we have always considered prohibited.   Someone needs to address his question in the Forum Software Questions Forum. Since it is addressed to the webmaster, I will let you handle that one.