1938 Canadian Dodge Paint Colours

RSayak

I am helping my brother try to find information for his 1938 Dodge D10 2-door touring sedan. He would like to know what the original colour was listed as, and if possible, what an equivalent available colour would be. 

The body tag lists the paint code as 1503, trim as AKJ. 

The original colour was a dark blue. It looks very close to Dodge Blue for US cars.

The car was repainted with a slightly less dark blue, and it looks fine for now, but we are also wondering if these cars usually came with a pinstripe along the body. The only stainless trim on the side of the car is along the hood sides. What colour would the pinstribe be on a dark blue car? 

Thanks!

Chrysler of Canada used different codes and many different colours prior to 1966.  

Code 1503 in 1938 was for "Plymouth Blue", C.I.L. DuPont code 246-8629 and Canada Paint / Sherwin-Williams code P-1193.  It was also used on 1938 Plymouth (1502), DeSoto (1504) and Chrysler (1505).

The same colour was used in 1937 as just "Blue".  Chrysler of Canada used lacquer paints prior to WW II on all car lines.

Attached is a chip from the 1937 Canadian Sherwin-Williams "Standard Production Colors" for Canadian-built cars.  Do not have any 1938 chip charts, just the list of codes.

You might try a shop that can scan colours and see if they can come up with a formula based on modern tints.

post-124797-0-50614300-1447454211_thumb.

Edited by Chrycoman (see edit history)