How to remove speedo gage from 1938 Dodge 1/2t pickup

this_is_greg

The odometer stopped working on my 1938 Dodge 1/2 ton Series RC pickup. It looked like a simple job to remove the speedometer gage, but looks were deceiving.

I removed the speedo cable, two dash lights and two 3/8 nuts, which I assumed held the gage in place. With all that removed the speedo does not budge, I don't want to break anything so I am here asking advice. Are there clips or something holding this in place so tight? It's very difficult to get in there to look :)

Thanks in advance.

Greg

post-154849-0-81532500-1445888242_thumb.

post-154849-0-48098700-1445888308_thumb.

Hello Keiser31. Thanks for the reply. I cannot see the entire pod from the back. The two nuts I removed were at 6 o'clock and 1 o'clock when looking from the back. I did feel all the way around the pod at the dash and did not feel any other nuts. I will try with a mirror to make sure I didn't miss anything.

This truck has been sitting since 1972. We pulled it out of the barn, fixed the brakes, cleaned the tank, carb., and fuel pump, new tires, and got her on the road. The odometer made 1 tenth of a mile then stopped. I was told the gears are gunked up or a spring broke. Sounds simple enough right? Just can't get the speedo out :)

Regards,

Greg