Gas leaking from carburetor intake tube

GaryP65

Since the float is brass, normally people try to solder up any pinholes. But use as little solder as possible because you don't want to make the float too heavy.

Myers also has new float bowl inlet needles and seats. They made my car run quite a bit better.

On my carburetor, the metering rack and the air valve had separated where they were swaged together. I soldered them back together, too. I used silver solder for this rather than lead solder because silver solder is stronger.

If the float leaks (causing it to sink instead of float), it will hold the needle valve open resulting in a flooding condition.  My float had several stress cracks in it so it wasn't worth trying to save.  I think the brass wasn't properly annealed after forming.  I'm glad you got the timing figured out.

Now to plumb the fuel properly. Myers doesn't have fuel lines so I guess I'll go to my local hardware store. Anyone know the the size of the lines? Looks like I can use a refrigerator line so I can bend accordingly. I'm looking to clean out the tank so I can finalized this this one to move on to the next.