1965 Riviera on CL for $1500

cjp69

All he has to do is take the glove box lock out and take it to an old fashioned locksmith shop and have a key made.  I bought a 64 parts car with no keys and did this.  The guy was able to make me a trunk key in a matter of minutes.  The car I bought had been sitting along side a garage for close to 20 years and was 100% complete.  To my surprise, the trunk was loaded with NOS parts for a restoration that never got started.  It was like Christmas! 

All he has to do is take the glove box lock out and take it to an old fashioned locksmith shop and have a key made.  I bought a 64 parts car with no keys and did this.  The guy was able to make me a trunk key in a matter of minutes.  The car I bought had been sitting along side a garage for close to 20 years and was 100% complete.  To my surprise, the trunk was loaded with NOS parts for a restoration that never got started.  It was like Christmas! 

I have the vacuum pump (from the glove box of my 65) handy and out of my car...I could go visit him again and disconnect his push button trunk release with my vacuum pump and see if it pops open.

The owner told me that someone vandalized the car on Sunday.  (9/20/2015)  He said the headlight motor is missing, the air cleaner is gone and the radiator is gone.

I was able to open the trunk with my vacuum pump from my car.  Nothing in there...except HUGE holes in the floor, the spare tire and mouse poop.  I also noticed the the roof is dented (above the pillar on both sides)...you can't see this in the pic. 

Pretty sad state of affairs.  His address wasn't posted on the Craigslist ad, so either he gave out his address to someone interested in stopping over to look at it....or just randomly someone stole the headlight motor (it had to be a Riv person to do that and to know about it).  Pretty sh!tty thing to do.  (or the seller is making this all up and he sold pieces of the car).

Buyer beware..