Can't get rid of moths in car

K8096

About a month ago I found a large number of tiny white moths in the interior of a car.  I immediately dumped 2 boxes of moth balls in the car.  Every couple days I go back to look and each time a find a couple live ones which I kill.  It's been a month now, and I'm still finding them.  What do I have to do to get rid of these things once and for all?  The car is in a dark locked garage with no windows and 6 other cars.  None of the other cars have this problem.  The car doesn't run and just sits.  It seems the moths only like British carpet & broadcloth.  We had moths in this car 15 years ago and moth balls killed them all.  This time it doesn't seem to be working.  I looked closely today, and I saw a tiny moth larvae squirming in the carpet which I promptly smushed with my finger.  I'm thinking of going to Home Depot tomorrow & spraying the entire interior with some type of insect killer.  Any better ideas? .        

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)

bug bomb

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=552059&catid=186996&aid=338666&aparam=552059&kpid=552059&CAWELAID=120142990000120257&CAGPSPN=pla&kpid=552059

Hot Shot Fogger 3 ea
  facebook.gif  
  twitter.gif  
  google-plus.gif  
  pinterest.gif  
suggested: $10.99
our price: $9.99
save 9% ($1.00)
in stock

Edited by JamesBulldogMiller55Buick (see edit history)

Definitely do the bug bomb thing. We used the type that come in a plastic cup similar to what a single serving of applesauce comes in. There is a pill inside the cup, you peel back the foil lid, take the pill out, fill the cup with water to a line and then drop the pill in, and the reaction starts, making the gas. We would tape all the door seams shut except the last door, then set the bomb off, close the last door and tape it off. Those are made to fumigate a 10' x 10' x 8' room, so the interior of a car gets gassed but good. Worked like a charm for us. 

Big hint: do this as the last thing of the day, before you go home. 

Moths be gone!