my 65 interior complete

Rufcar

I recovered the seats yesterday installed them today and any small items remaining. The only item I am debating is trunk carpet. I primed and splatter painted the interior and I installed the cardboard trim set. The jack clip and spring will be here tomorrow and just don't know if I want to leave it or add Clarks original mat set?

post-141069-0-41464900-1437681450_thumb.

Edited by Rufcar (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Steve when I bought the car 14 months ago both lower arm rests (the plastic filler pieces) were both broken. I found 1 good black ones and one arm rest top was shot I found a salvageable one from Gene a ABG. I was able to re stretch and glue the material. I used a dye I mixed up on the black plastic and I brushed it one with a brush used to do Rolls Royce interior dyes. I gave it 3 fine coats and I wanted the fine brush marks to more match the vinyl in texture then just spraying it on.  I saved everything on the doors except the wood. I am a restorer by trade but I chose Clarks wood as I like it. The only vinyl non original is the 2 front seats and I covered the parcel deck with matching vinyl (again Clarks).  

Edited by Rufcar (see edit history)

The belts were in when I bought the car 14 months ago. They appear to be factory even though they probably are not. I did install similar belts in my last yrs project, a 69 camaro ss and they too bolted right into the factory holes. The riv belts don't return very well even though there is nothing wrong mechanically. I believe it's the way the belts feed through the top and bottom leader plus the angle causes a lot of drag. I spent a great deal of time cleaning, adjusting the mechanicals all to no avail. I even re routed the belt through the seat bracket instead of over it and that helped a bit. Like all old things you just get used to its foibles.

SF I didnt know that. I was assuming it was like the Camaro. But for reference it is just like my camaro. What puzzles me is the headliner, like most everything else in this car, looks original. But without removing it makes it hard to be sure.