Wanted for 1914 B55

1912Staver

I need lots of parts for a 1914 B 55. Rear springs and spring brackets riveted to the frame {I could probably use B 36/37 }  Does anyone have a badly rusted or damaged frame that still has salvageable parts? lots of smaller parts. I have some C55 parts for trade, rear axle housing, rear springs, rear touring sheet metal, rear door skins and a few others.

Greg in Canada

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

Hi Mark, I think the exact match is 1914 model 55 only. However the same parts from a B 36 /7 could probably be used. I think they are similar design but a little smaller. After 1914 Buick went to cantilever springs and everything changed,  Right now all I have at the back of the frame are the main rails and rear cross member. The castings that are for the front of the main spring and the mount for the top  1/2 spring are missing. A top 1/2 spring and lower full spring would even be better even if only for a pattern to have some new ones made. I don't have any photos at present. Some where I have a parts book , once I find it I will scan and post. Pictures of model 55 chasses details seem scarce even on the net. There are only a handful of known survivors.

Greg

I have several sets of springs and a few spring hangers.  I just need to know the relaxed length, width and style of springs you need. 

Last year, I had two new rear springs made for my 1913 Model 31.  I still have the old ones that have the bent metal keepers.  One has several broken leaves, but the other one is still good for a pattern.   I have a collection of other springs from un-identified Buicks too.

Scan100

Scan1016

Scan10015

Scan0015

Scan0030

Scan0011 (2)

I now have some pictures in my gallery. I will  move them here . The gallery is titled 1914 Buick bracket. .  The top 3 pictures of the  rectangular :one side diagonal, stepped bracket is the top  1 / 2 spring mount . It mounts to the top rear corner of the main frame rail {one each side, mirror image}.  The more irregular shaped bracket is for the shackle at the front of the lower spring. It mounts along the bottom edge of the main frame rail, about 30" or so forward of the rear end of the frame. {one each side, they are the same L + R}

Greg

Hi Mark, thanks for responding. I don't see anything there that looks similar. I am not entirely sure when Buick started with 3 / 4 rear springs but I think I would need parts from say a B 35 / 36 at least. The little 25 's are probably too light in construction. So probably about 1912, 13, or 14. Mid size models, or larger. The only thing I see in your parts besides leaf springs are a pair of front frame castings.

Can you see my photo's ?

Thanks Greg

Sorry about the small size, the photo posting process is new to me. Plus they are scans of regular film photo's I took years ago so altering sizes with them is beyond my ability, I'm an old car guy , the computer is always a bit of a guessing game with me.  The brackets may be unique to B 55's, but I know Buick often used  a lot of more or less common  engineering during these years. And many parts from different series cars; while not identical, will show a strong family resemblance .

Thanks Greg