65 Riviera on CL for $9k in KY

cjp69

Interesting paint scheme, but all in all doesn't look like a bad car for the money.

https://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/5123069800.html

65 Riviera, verde green with black deluxe interior. Interior all original except new carpet. All interior chrome and trim present and in outstanding condition, dash has no cracks or splits. Seats good except a place on drivers seat bottom and some piping on side of drivers seat has split. Has the optional 425 single four barrel engine with a posi rearend. This drivetrain is lower production than the GS option ( rarer ). Also has power windows, tilt wheel, AC ( works but not charged ). Headlight doors work perfect. Power four drum brakes, some say old cars need discs but this car stops fine with these big drums. Solid original body panels, trunk, floors, rockers, quarters, all solid no rust. Engine detailed with many new updates but staying stock. Has wire hubcaps installed but comes with a set of Buick road wheels ( no center caps ). Has an older single stage repaint ( probably in 80's ). Many new parts ( too much to list here ), runs and drives great. Also have owners manual, potecto plate and service manuals. More details and or pics upon request.

Edited by cjp69 (see edit history)

Agree Chris. Looks and "sounds" straight and solid. Nice docs as well. 425 with posi. Nice. Different twist marketing the optional 425 saying rarer than the GS option. True though.

The extra chrome wheels aren't the right ones. Black interior opens up many options for exterior color choice.

post-93929-0-92730700-1436976921_thumb.j

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

I personally like this color choice but would put a black factory vinyl top on the car....but IN MY OPINION, as with any shade of green, it must be crisp and clean to make the right impact. I have always wanted to see a `65 GS in such a color scheme but unbelievably have never seen one in my 30 plus years of following this model closely. Plenty of Verde green cars and a significant number of black vinyl top cars but never the combination. Maybe to most this would be deplorable as IN MY OPINION yellow with a green interior is but that was a factory approved color combo of which I have seen a handful over the years.

I`ve also never seen a Verde Green with white custom interior car. If anyone knows of such a car I would like to know about it for sure...friend of mine had a Jade Firemist (Cadillac color which was custom ordered) `65 Gran Sport with white custom interior back when the cars were just well worn used cars. If anyone knows of the whereabouts of that car I sure would really like to know about it!

Anyone have any more pics from this listing? The ad has been deleted, thanks,

Tom Mooney