Ebay etc.

Guest Dale in Vancouver

Guest Dale in Vancouver

Very surprised at the number of "very rare steering wheel spinners" that are advertised. Why anyone would want to damage their steering wheel by fitting one puzzles me. ( I thought they were illegal).  Ebay also widens my knowledge of Rivieras, as every time I search '64 Buick Riviera the number of items that "Fits: 64 Riviera" astounds me - 4 speed manual shift knobs spring to mind - didn't know that !  Anyone else's education being similarly expanded ?    Cheers, Dale.

Guest Kevin Bayerlein

Hi Dale,

When on Ebay under advanced search, Choose exact words/any order and this will filter out the BS

Guest Dale in Vancouver

Hi Kevin.  What  ---  BS on Ebay, hard to believe !!   Seriously though, thanks for the search tip, I'll try that.   Cheers,  Dale.

If you want to peruse all of the stuff that actually come from a " 1964 Riviera," go to the advanced  link to the right of the blue search button, click on it, and in the space provided for 'Exclude words from your search' type in the word 'fits' ( it doesn't need to be in quotes and it's not case sensitive; I just put it in quotes so it's easy to identify.)  If you don't want to look at Hot Wheels, put in a space and type in the word hot or anything else that pops up regularly that you don't want to see.  I just did it and reduced the number of items for '1964 Riviera' from 12,364 down to 757.  

You also need to be aware of sellers that think that ALL 1963, 1964, and 1965 Riviera parts are identical and interchangeable. They're just wrong.  ;) If there's something that you want and you're not sure, but your question on the forum.

Ed 

Guest Dale in Vancouver

Thanks Ed.  Yes, I've seen year specific parts listed as '63 to '65. Appears a lot of people have no idea of the differences between the three first generation cars, and I'm still learning.  I appreciate the tips from you and Kevin.  Cheers, Dale.

Always one to look at the most positive side of things, I often tell my wife that many people live much more blissful lives than I. Ebay Motors parts compatibility program is the extreme of relational data base programming gone wrong.

Of course, when Ebay's new Man Machine interface Customer Representative tells you that O2 sensor fits your '64 Riviera you better find a threaded hole real quick.

NE1PqyiYsqPO54_1_a.jpg

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)