'38 Special Front Clip Installation

itstom

Hi guys-

I'm getting ready to put the front clip back on my '38 Special 46. The thing is, I'm not the guy who took it off. I'm unsure of what rubber washers, pads, spacers or whatever should be used in all of the 3/4 inch holes. I looked at all the rubber parts at Steele and Bob's and don't see what I think I should be seeing.

At the top of one of the hood sides, where it attaches to the cowl, there is one rubber washer that seems to have a steel insert of sorts in it. The only other sample I have is at one of the brackets to the firewall there is a rubber washer that does not have the insert. Does anybody know the part numbers I need?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

I have no rubber washer under all the screws n nuts , only Steel washers.

I would count it and use it like my best think.

(My car is never restored ,maybe thats the reason for my "rubberless" condition ;-)..)

39 Buick Eight- wrong. There are rubber washers as shown in "itstom"s photo. I have had several original '38's and both Special and Roadmaster have those rubber washers.

There is webbing between the fenders and frame along the bottom and between the radiator support and frame.

Just 'fender" washers and bolts where the fenders bolt to the cowell - but there is the welting there between the fender and cowell. No welting at the front between the fender and nose piece.