body mounting 1934 DB DR 4Dr Sedan

dwollam

Not too long ago I acquired a 34 DR 4dr Sedan. I was told at least some of the 33-34 Mopars used wood between the body and frame. Ian Greenlaw's 34 4Dr in his build post looks like it had more conventional rubber pads where the body to frame bolts go. Is that correct? Does anyone else know what is correct here, or if coupes or convertibles use wood instead of rubber?

Thanks,

Dave

The 34s all have wood stringers under the body and on top of the frame rails. There are small rubber-impregnated fibre rectangular pads under each of the body bolts, between the wood and the frame rails. These rubber pads are also under the front bolts (where there is no stringer) and under the rear couple of bolts (from the top of the wheel well back) where there also is no wood stringer. Rubber is about two inches wide and about 3 1/2 inches long.

Thanks guys. A friend brought his 34 coupe wood to me this morning and explained to me the same thing you said Scott. I raised the body and found the frame to wood matched but the wood to body is different than the coupe wood. After seeing his wood, it all makes sense now, as I have none. Have another fellow bringing 2 more variations of 34 wood that he manufactures to see if they will work. If not, he will make patterns off the 4dr body so he can provide wood for them as well.

Dave