1956 buick century factory power windows

arnier

Any one out there had to replace their power window motor? I would like to know modern replacement numbers for the lift motor. I have seen motors from cardone and dorman but I need numbers so I don't waste money buying one that would not fit. Any help apreciated.

'

If it like a 55 then the shaft of the motor is part of the drive gear and I doubt replacements from Dorman will work. I have only had to replace one that had a large gap in the commutator, but I have taken many apart and cleaned, lubricated and buffed the oxidation from the commutator. If you do have to replace find a used one for the same side of the car as yours, preferable from a less used rear door. Also think way ahead before you remove the motor, because that spring loaded mechanism can hurt you.

Willie

If it like a 55 then the shaft of the motor is part of the drive gear and I doubt replacements from Dorman will work. I have only had to replace one that had a large gap in the commutator, but I have taken many apart and cleaned, lubricated and buffed the oxidation from the commutator. If you do have to replace find a used one for the same side of the car as yours, preferable from a less used rear door. Also think way ahead before you remove the motor, because that spring loaded mechanism can hurt you.

Willie

Thanks. The guy that is helping me with this Seems to know what he is doing. My job is to find parts needed. Have not seen any listings for oem motors nor direct replacements. Three of the motors still work and will be cleaned up but one was (not too well done) jury rigged. Since the car was a factory air installation the windows probably got little use. Problem still remains. What motor was used as a replacement? Or, does anyone have a spare left side motor they want to part with.