History detective

Rogillio

So I decided to take the doors apart and restore whatever I could inside the door. I fixed wood, screws etc. On the passenger side, when I took off the panel I found an old For Sale sign inside the door. It had been taped to the window long ago and fallen down into the door,

it said, "1926 DB $6500. Restored 10 years ago. Runs great." It ha 2 phone numbers but no area code.

When I bought the car in AL 6 months ago they had an old Iowa title for the car Hmmmm. on a hunch, I looked up the area code for the city on the old title and called one of the numbers. A child answers and gave me her dad's cell. I called him.

He said he has had several vintage cars but no Dodge. And then he remembered he'd had an old Dodge 20 or so years ago. Said it was blue and black. Yes!! That is it!

Cool. So he sold it 20 years ago with the sales pitch it had been restored 10 years ago, very cool. 30 years ago....in the 1980s, someone restored their 58 year old car.....now, 30 years later, I am restoring an 88 yo car.

What a great story You are lucky to have been able to track down one of her previous owners When I purchased my Senior 6 30 odd years ago the farmer gave me the name of the old fella that he purchased the farm from several years before I found out about the DB Senior The Old Gentleman (he was 92) when I rang him and told him of my buy from the new owner of his old farm,his comment was "You have got a bonzer (Good) car there sonny and then proceeded to tell me all about it It took the family 2 1/2 weeks to travel aprox 1600 miles from South Australia to West Aust They had to carry enough gasoline to make it from Ceduna in SA to Norseman in WA a distance of about 750 miles He said that apart from punctures and a blow out the Senior performed faultlessly and the car was 24 years old at the time However once it had served its time as the Family car she was hacked about and put to use as a farm mobile welding plant Unfortuneatly the old man passed away not long after and I never did receive the photos that he was going to send me However I was so greatful to have had the chat on the phone to him Ron