Exhaust System Vendor - Buyer BEWARE!!!

RockinRiviDad

I posted this thread earlier & it disappeared...was it taken off by the forum bosses? Am I not suppose to warn my fellow forum brothers?? Lets try this again...

For those following my build thread, thank you. You guys know I recently purchased an aluminized 2-1/4" Gran Sport exhaust (minus both resonators & transverse muffler) from (name removed by moderator. If you would like more information please contact RockinRiviDad via PM or email), a vendor from the back of our club mag the Riview. You would think they are a reputable organization, right? NOT! The exhaust arrived in a reasonable time frame & looked amazing, I was excited. When I finally began to mock it up for install I found a couple of problems, placed a call & left a message with said company.

One problem was that all the holes in the exhaust manifold mounting flanges were too small (third pic shows how much of the hole I had to grind away). The other problem was that two of the mandrel bends on each side were over bent causing the resonator elimination pipes to end up right into the tread of my rear stock tires. I failed to take a pic of my stock wheel & tire in place but u get the idea with the second pic I posted.

After leaving 4 voice mail messages & 1 email thru said company's website & not hearing back from them I decided to ask for help from my friends shop. With a bit of modding (cutting, bending & sectioning) we were able to make this exhaust work...

I did not receive a receipt or any printed directions with my purchase. Directions? I say directions cuz that is all I asked for on all 4 messages that I left this guy. Just a little direction on what to do, even if that direction was to "go pound sand, kid" OR "your on your own, sonny" at least I would have had a returned phone call....#%@& %$#@!!!

bottom line, this vendor has very poor customer service & sells a product that is not quite right without modding...BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK...or simply buy from the pro's WALDRON'S

imagejpg1_zps031d7c90.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsb8106e6d.jpg

imagejpg3_zps2de44837.jpg

Edited by MrEarl
edited to make comply with AACA rules re defamatory remarks toward vendor (see edit history)

Ray Knott, ROA #1, and current ROA Director, would like to hear any and all complaints against any member or vendor that is advertising in The Riview that any Member has a problem with.

Please send details to Ray: ray (at) rivowners (dot) org

Guest dwhiteside64

Dave sorry to hear about pain. I think a quality product is only half the equation; the other half is customer service. Looks like they failed on both accounts. Seeing that you are forgoing the transverse muffler set-up, where are you planning to place the mufflers? The PO of my car tucked them neatly inside the rear quarters. Can't see them unless you are looking directly behind. I REALLY like the set-up!

Darren, Yes they did...what a bummer. I've gotten a lot of PM's from members asking me for the name of this company. It turns out I am not the first guy to have problem with this company. But I may be the first guy that this company decided not to call back to make things right....bad choice on their part. They pissed off the guy who loves to talk & I will get the word out about these sons of britches. I truly appreciate all the help u guys are giving in spreading the word too, thank you

I've had a sick vision in my head about my Rivi being a Hot Rod...I've heard some folks call our cars "Gentlemen's Hot Rods" with that said I wanted to leave the transverse muffler out & install two separate mufflers in its place to give me a true dual exhaust. I even found this awesome Rivi build on a different forum with the same concept & I fell in love. Until, I think, Mike (Clamshells) posted a thread about the Mild Imposter transverse muffler from Waldron's. So I decided to order that instead & keep me from having to spend more time than needed customizing my exhaust (I wanna drive her sooner than later). Well I didn't get my wish...I still had to somewhat customize my exhaust due to the lack of customer service & poor products from you know who...

Edited by RockinRiviDad (see edit history)

Guest dwhiteside64

Hi David,

That's awesome that you were able to work through those issues and get back on track quickly. Waldron's does sound like it has a great product with excellent service to boot. Let us know when you get it installed and what you think about it. Good luck with everything!

I purchase every piece of NOS or NORS exhaust for my cars whenever they show up. Jolly John has provided a few sections. The pieces are always manufactured mandrel bent and NOT bent up on a pipe bending machine by someone reading an information card. The only company that did an acceptable job was King & Queen Mufflers in Pa. Theirs didn't fit so they paid to ship my originals and the new ones back to be corrected.

We have noisy mufflers and improperly bent pipes from the big two in my nephew's tin pile, hundreds of dollars worth. Sometimes he cuts a piece off to scab something together.

Sure customer service is great, they get a lot of practice:

134.jpg

Bernie

Al this goofyness reminds me of a time 40 years ago when I took my '71 LeMans into a 'muffler shop' for R+R of the dual exhaust. When I came back to pick up the car saw that the shop had installed 2" on one side and 2 1/4"=the owner thought that was all fine and dandy. I thought different. Finally he agreed to order up the 2 1/4" that he didn't have initially and it all got done right a few days later.