64 FOR SALE IN FLORIDA ?????

Mr Riviera

The only thing I know is from what I see in the pictures: no rear passenger door handle on the driver's door, missing R on the driver's door, wrong air cleaner, and wrong trunk material. It also 'looks' as if the rear tail light bezels were painted, but that could be the lighting. Just some observations, not necessarily anything bad.

Ed

PS - The guy who lifted it on the hoist just used the floor pans to lift it. No frame contact in the back, not even a pinch weld - makes one wonder what that may have done to the rear window seal.

Guest REX STALLION

A couple more observations ; Bungy cord battery hold down ,the rear grill install looks strange. I thought the two nubs went under the rear package shelf. Shaved emblems . Minor details, nice car .

Yes, Ed, those taillight bezels do look a bit funky. While waiting for my new brake booster and distribution block to arrive, I spent today refurbishing my taillights. I ordered bezels from CARS Inc. some time ago and I must say they look quite nice and (so far) fit nice, too. I cleaned all brackets, parts, etc. and polished the lenses with toothpaste (Crest) and SimiChrome, and I'm getting ready to refinish the rear tail panel... but whoever said San Diego weather is ALWAYS perfect wasn't here today - lots of rain (we could use it!) and high humidity so it was a definitely a no painting day. Plenty to prep anyway. The OEM pitted bezel is in the background.

post-56475-143142651869_thumb.jpg

post-56475-143142651844_thumb.jpg

Jan,

I bought a pair of bezels from Jeff (CARS) but have yet to put them on. On Thursday, I received the big package from Rubber the right way with all the new seals and gaskets for the '64. So far everything looks good. New seals for the lens to the bezel and new seals for the bezel to the body plus a lot of other little stuff. I was amazed at how many little things there were when I got to counting.

Do both of your housings have that good of reflective surfaces on them?

Did you get the PM I sent to you with the details for the kit car for the running gear from your WRX?

A couple more observations ; Bungy cord battery hold down ,the rear grill install looks strange. I thought the two nubs went under the rear package shelf. Shaved emblems . Minor details, nice car .

The two nubs do go inside the package tray. On second glance, The inlet grills on the cowl aren't painted, and I would think that a silver car with a silver interior would have had a silver headlining. The biggest "uh-oh" now is the use of the black vinyl on the console. Custom interior cars should have wood grain on the console; the black vinyl is for the standard interior. Probably bought and fixed up just to flip it and hope for some big bucks.

Ed

Jan,

I bought a pair of bezels from Jeff (CARS) but have yet to put them on. On Thursday, I received the big package from Rubber the right way with all the new seals and gaskets for the '64. So far everything looks good. New seals for the lens to the bezel and new seals for the bezel to the body plus a lot of other little stuff. I was amazed at how many little things there were when I got to counting.

Do both of your housings have that good of reflective surfaces on them?

Did you get the PM I sent to you with the details for the kit car for the running gear from your WRX?

Yes I did - my daughter's (ex)-boyfriend and his Dad, who works at Ford, built a Factory Five Cobra kit and the car is awesome. My son's WRX is all stock and yes, will maybe one day make a nice project car. Getting back to Rivs, both tail lamp housings have very good silvering inside. I'd like to see some pix when you do any door/window rubber replacements. I'm still working up the courage to take off the r/s door skin off to fix a wobbly side window, but I may want to tackle the vent seal at the same time. And speaking of seals, the CARS seal I received for the bezel-to-body was not a formed gasket as expected, but enough footage for two. So I'm thinking the "join" should be at the bottom center of the bezel, right? Less chance of water intrusion?

The bezel to body seals I got from Rubber the Right Way were molded one piece items. They look pretty thick so it will be some time before I get a chance to see if they'll "snug up" for a good fit/seal. About the only thing I didn't get were the seals for the wing windows. In order to install them, it appears that you have to disassemble the entire wing window assembly; plus they were very expensive compared to similar seals. If anyone has hands on information on replacing vent window seals, please make some comments.

A guy in our neighborhood has a Cobra replica which he fires up occasionally. I know when because all the windows in the neighborhood shake. I asked him if he was running a 427. His reply was "no." After further prodding, he finally told me "I pulled a 460 from an old Ford wagon, then bored it and put a stroker crank in it. He didn't tell me what the final cubes were. He said the he had over built it for the street so he doesn't drive it too much.

Ed

Guest dwhiteside64

Judging from the pictures it looks like a clean car only needing a few minor corrections (besides the mismatch of interior trim). Needs an outside rearview mirror :eek: and the glove box has the '63 emblem. the '64 was different.

I emailed the seller and told him about some of the non-correct items. He seemed pleased to know about them and gave me his phone number. He said that he realizes that the price is too high for what he has - he traded something he had for this car and some cash. He's not interested in keeping it. He's had a couple of offers from overseas but would like to keep the car in the U.S. The price he quoted me in the email is more realistic. He's open for offers around $16K - $18K now that he knows more about the car.

Ed

Guest dwhiteside64
... The price he quoted me in the email is more realistic. He's open for offers around $16K - $18K now that he knows more about the car.

Ed

Bet he will get it sold at this more realistic price! :)